16 oz. Chilean salmon loin, center cut, skin removed
1 oz. Kosher salt
½ oz. Granulated sugar (organic)
1 oz. Beets, fresh – peeled, grated on micro-plane
Pickled cucumbers, sliced thin
Red onion, shaved thin
Toasted bread slices
Cream cheese, whipped
Fresh dill sprigs
Small glass bowls, spoons, knife, cutting board, micro-plane, zipper bags
Method of Preparation
- Trim salmon fillets of fat line, rinse and pat dry.
- Combine salt and sugar and gently dust salmon fillet with salt sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle grated beet over salmon fillet on both sides.
- Place salmon fillet in zipper bag and refrigerate for 3 days. Option – place salmon fillet in vacuum back and vacuum seal to accelerate beet infusion. Refrigerate for 3 days.
- Remove salmon filet from plastic bag and rinse. Pat dry.
- Slice salmon loin thinly, cutting against the grain of the fillet.
- Serve with your favorite garnish – we prefer on toasted bread smeared with whipped cream cheese, pickled cucumbers, thinly sliced red onion, fresh dill as garnish.
Note: Check salmon daily to assess curing process. If you prefer a lighter cure, remove the fillet from the bag and rinse it after a day or two. The longer the fillet sits in the salt, sugar, and beet mixture, the firmer the fillet will become.
All our Salmon recipes utilize widely available ingredients that are often prepackaged for safety and hygiene, are easy to prepare, nutritious, and delicious. If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org