- 1 Salmon Fillet (approximately 12 oz total, skinless, thawed)
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- 3 ounces Butter (chilled)
- 2 ounces Bourbon Whiskey
- 4 ounces Maple Syrup
- Sauté Pan
- Small spoon
Method of Preparation
- Dust both sides of salmon fillet with salt, and pepper.
- Place one-ounce tab of butter in sauté pan and heat to medium.
- Add salmon fillet to pan and brown over medium heat (5 minutes per side)
- In sauté pan, brush top of fillet with two coatings of maple syrup and continue to heat for 1-2 minutes. Place salmon on serving plate.
- Remove pan from heat and add bourbon. Allow bourbon to simmer and alcohol to evaporate before returning pan to heat. (be very careful, bourbon could flambe upon return to heat).
- Safely return pan to heat and add 4 ounces of maple syrup. Stir gently.
- Add remaining two ounces of butter, shut heat off and gently swirl butter into sauce. Taste. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over salmon and serve. (In the photo above – served here with sautéed shaved fennel and red onion)
All our Salmon recipes utilize widely available ingredients that are often prepackaged for safety and hygiene, are easy to prepare, nutritious, and delicious. If you have questions email us at email@example.com