12 oz. Chilean Salmon Center Cut Fillet, skin-on, scales removed, portioned 3 ounces each
2 oz. Olive Oil
3 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled, cut into 3-4 inch pieces
10 cloves Garlic, peeled
4 oz. Butter
4 oz. Chicken stock
4 oz. Heavy cream
1 lb. Broccoli Rabe – blanched (in simmering water for 4 minutes, then drained)
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 ea. Lemon, (zested and juiced)
Sea Salt, Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste
Sauté Pan, Medium size pot, Thermometer, Spatula, Potato Masher, Whip, Small Mixing Bowls, Metal Spoons, Serving Plates.
Method of Preparation
- Season salmon portions with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil.
- Place potatoes in medium size pot, add garlic cloves and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes and garlic. Keep potatoes and garlic in pot.
- Using potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic until broken up. Add butter, chicken stock, and heavy cream and mash vigorously until smooth. Taste, season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Warm large sauté pan over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with a small amount of cooking oil. Once the oil is starting to smoke a little, place the salmon in the pan – skin side down. When 1/3 cooked turn the salmon over and cook on the other side to desired doneness. Remove salmon from pan and pat dry on paper towel.
- Warm large sauté pan over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with a small amount of cooking oil and add the broccoli rabe and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until Rabe is warm, and garlic is tender. Add lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Spoon 2-3 ounces of mashed potatoes onto a plate and top with one portion of salmon – skin side up.
- Place 2-3 ounces of hot broccoli rabe next to potatoes.
- Dust with garnishing salt and drizzle with additional olive oil. Optional – sprinkle additional lemon zest over salmon
- Serve hot! It’s simple and delicious.
All our Salmon recipes utilize widely available ingredients that are often prepackaged for safety and hygiene, are easy to prepare, nutritious, and delicious. If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org