1 ea. Salmon Fillet (approximately 16 oz total, thawed, skin on)
1 ea. Lime (remove 1 tsp zest, juice lime – reserve juice in bowl)
1 ea. Lemon (remove 1 tsp zest, juice lemon – reserve juice in bowl)
½ oz. Coriander Seed, fresh ground (about 1 tbs)
½ oz. Kosher Salt
½ oz. Black Pepper – fresh cracked
¼ cup. Cilantro – Fresh, rinsed, chopped
1 cup. Mild Salsa – Fresh, (available in the refrigerated section of your grocery store)
3 oz. Olive Oil
- Wood or Gas Grill with Cover
- 1 Roasting Plank – Alder, Hickory, or Cedar (½ think, 10-12 inches long, 5 inches wide)
- Note: make sure plank is free of splinters, smooth to the touch
- 1 Container – rectangle in shape to soak roasting plank
- Small bowls, spoons
- Paper towels
- Large spatula
- Kitchen towels
Method of Preparation
- Place roasting plank in container and cover with water. Weigh plank down to assure it remains submerged. Soak for 1 hour.
- Combine lemon juice, coriander, cilantro, salt, pepper, and salsa in bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove plank from water, pat dry. Place plank on pan or platter.
- Preheat grill to 350 – 400 degrees F.
- Soak a paper towel in 1 ounce of olive oil until saturated. Rup top of plank with a light coating of olive oil (this will prevent the fish from sticking).
- Place fish fillet lengthwise in center of plank.
- Rub 2-3 tablespoons of salsa over fish fillet.
- Place fillet in center of preheated grill and lower the lid. Allow fish to roast for 12-15 minutes until fish reaches at least 126 degrees F.
- Remove plank from grill using a large spatula. Place plank on pan lined with a wet towel (the wet towel helps cool/extinguish the bottom of the plank).
- Place plank on serving platter – drizzle with additional salsa and garnish as you like.
- Serve with your favorite sides (we love potato salad, chilled beets, pickled purple Daikon radish, and additional salsa).
All our Salmon recipes utilize widely available ingredients that are often prepackaged for safety and hygiene, are easy to prepare, nutritious, and delicious. If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org