4 ea. Salmon Fillets (approximately 12 oz total, thawed, skin removed, 3 ounces each, 1 inch thick)
½ oz. Kosher Salt
½ oz. Sugar
3 oz. Olive Oil
8 oz. Fresh Red Beets (stalks removed, rinsed, cooked, peeled, quartered)
8 oz. Fresh Golden Beets (stalks removed, rinsed, cooked, peeled, quartered)
2 ea. Oranges (one peeled and sliced into fillets, the second cut in half)
2 oz. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Medium Sized Pot for Poaching,
- Large Bowls,
- Cutting Board
Method of Preparation
- Place salmon fillets in container or baking dish. Combine the Kosher salt and sugar and dust salmon fillets. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove fillets from refrigerator, rinse off salt and sugar in ice water.
- Place pan on stove and heat to medium-high (195 degrees), place salmon fillets in pot and gently poach for 12 minutes.
- Place beets in bowl and squeeze the juice of one fresh orange over beets. Squeeze juice from core remaining from when you fileted the second orange.
- Add olive oil to beets. Season with salt and pepper and taste.
- Serve by gently lifting salmon portions from poaching liquid and placing one portion of salmon on each of four serving dishes. Surround salmon with seasoned beets. Drizzle with extra vinaigrette at the bottom of the bowl of beets. Garnish with orange filets.
Optional Garnish: Save stalks from beets and slice laterally into thin ribbons. Soak in ice water until curly. Season with salt and pepper and place on top of salmon filet.
All our Salmon recipes utilize widely available ingredients that are often prepackaged for safety and hygiene, are easy to prepare, nutritious, and delicious. If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org